Embark on a fun-filled and self-reflective journey to fuel your passion, deepen your understanding and train to lead others!
- All Inclusive Weeklong Retreat
- Daily Dance, Music & Teacher-Training Classes
- Excursions to the unique offerings of the island
- Intimate Setting – Space is Limited!
Whether it is a life-changing experience, or one that puts you on the path to fulfilling your dreams, this retreat is designed to provide you the physical conditions as well the mental and spiritual space to grow personally and professionally through your dance.
Set against the majestic volcanic backdrop of Mount Kilauea, Blue Kohola Healing Retreats provides a special space for participants to not only indulge in their dance passion, it is the perfect environment to learn self-care and restorative practices.
While all dancers will immensely enjoy this retreat, it may be especially beneficial for the dancer who is,
- Seeking to re-invigorate their personal and professional outlook
- Healing from injury/trauma, or is returning to dance after an absence
- Interested in or currently teaching dance to help others discover the joys and benefits of belly dance
- Any or all of the above
ALL INCLUSIVE WEEK-LONG RETREAT!
- Airport pick-up and drop-off (ITO)
- Shared lodging and accommodations
- Daily meditation/yoga practice
- Hearty vegetarian meals (let us know if you have strict dietary restrictions) onsite at Blue Kohola
- All dance and teacher-training classes
- Music lessons, lectures and activities
- Transportation on the island
- Excursions to markets, site-seeing, recreation and beaches
- Indoor and outdoor activities at Blue Kohola
- Air travel to and from Hilo International Airport (ITO)
- Meals offsite
- Personal purchases (ie. shopping at markets and souvenir shops)
Optional Services for a Fee
- Massage, Reiki and other spa services
- Crystal bed healing
Blue Kohola belly dance retreats feature:
Intimate setting limited to a small number of participants:
- Personalized attention from instructors and staff
- Flexible schedule and content within the general itinerary
- Optimal environment to form lasting bonds and meaningful friendships
Self-paced and intense study of dance, balanced with special offerings of the Island:
- Wide variety of activities: dance and movement, lecture/discussion, outdoor and indoor, nature and shopping, to quiet/alone time and group activities.
- Schedule has been tested for optimal times for each type of activity
- Do everything, or just the activities you want. No pressure. Go with your own flow.
Space is limited: $200 non-refundable deposit holds your spot! Payment plans available.
SUPER EARLY BIRD SPECIAL! $1450, paid in full by October 1st, 2017.
EARLY BIRD PRICE: $1550, paid in full by November 1st, 2017
Regular Price: $1650
PAYMENT PLAN: $310 X 5 payments due on (Oct 1, Nov 1, Dec 1, Jan 1, Feb 1)
There is a $200 non-refundable deposit to hold your spot. If you cancel by Dec 31, 2017, you can get a full refund minus the $200 deposit. If you cancel between January 1 – 28th, 2018, you can receive 50% back. There will be no refund after January 28th. Mahalo!
Space is limited. Register Now!
Email Jennifer if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrival at ITO and check-in at Blue Kohola: Aloha!
Optional shopping trip to local grocery, or macadamia nut gift shop or Hawaiian chocolate gift shop
Excursion to Volcanoes National Park and Volcanoes winery
3-hour crater hike (optional)
Excursion to Hilo Farmers Market
Outdoor music circle at the fire pit (zills, drums, etc.)
Excursion to Hapuna Beach or Hot Ponds for snorkeling and swimming
Excursion to Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens
Check-out and say goodbye
Music/Lecture Topics & Activities
- Rhythms & Instruments
- Musicality & Stylistic Interpretation
- Classic Songs & Legendary Artists
- Survey of Middle Eastern Dance Styles/History of Belly Dance
- Bonfire Music Circle
- Zill Trek
- Muscle Engagement, Dance Safety & Anatomical Principles
- Movement Vocabulary of Middle Eastern Dance
- Technique & Drill Routines
- Finger Cymbal Skills & Choreography
- Oriental and Folkloric Combinations/Choreography
- Trance Dancing with Jennifer
Teacher-Training Topics: Participants who complete all activities in the program will receive a Certificate of Completion
- Dance Safety and Environment
- Music Selection
- Layering & Build-up Method
- Curriculum & Lesson Planning
- Class Organization, Sequence & Pace
- Multi-level Teaching Strategies
- Student Correction
- Business of Teaching Dance
- Creating a Positive Learning Environment
- Student development and learning styles
- Standards and ethics of the teaching profession
- Professional Image and marketing materials
- Aligning Artistic & Teaching Goals with Business Goals